South Bend - Elkhart Regional Partnerships
In 2016, the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership appointed a 19-member Entrepreneurship Committee, whose mission is to promote and foster the creation of an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the South Bend-Elkhart Region by stimulating the entrepreneurial spirit and culture in our citizens, identifying and nurturing new business startups and supporting the growth of existing high potential businesses. The group has engaged in a partnership with Elevate Ventures and created seven task forces to move forward with engaging the entrepreneurial community.
Elevate Ventures Community Partnership
The collaboration between Elevate Ventures and the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership will work to encourage entrepreneurs and nurture emerging and existing businesses and develop them into high-performing companies in North Central Indiana. In addition to connecting entrepreneurs more directly to potential investors, the partnership with Elevate Ventures will focus on enhancing the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem to provide entrepreneurs guidance on business ideation, business strategy, marketing and more through one-on-one advising, events and pitch competitions. The goal is to develop an environment where people feel empowered to take risks, bring intellectual property and ideas to the marketplace, and become engaged players in their communities. The following Investors from the region raised the $1 Million in regional funds to secure the three-year partnership with the state. The following Investors from the region raised the $1 Million in regional funds to secure the three-year partnership with the state.
- Judd Leighton Foundation
- University of Notre Dame
- Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- IOI Payroll Services/Najeeb & Nancy Khan
- Garatoni-Smith Family Foundation
- Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Graham Allen Partners
- Kem Krest
Elevate Ventures will provide an additional $1.5 Million, for a total of $2.5 Million supporting this partnership. This fund will be allocated as follows:
- $500,000 – Marketing and Event investments, as advised by committee
- $500,000 – Programs & Initiatives investment to support regional entrepreneurial ecosystem, as advised by committee
- $500,000 – Entrepreneurial Engagement Lead (EIR)
- $1,000,000 – Community Investment Fund (Elevate Ventures with input from committee)
South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership
The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership is a collaboration of the economic development partners from 47 smart connected communities in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. The organization serves as a single point of contact for regional communication and seeks to create economic opportunities for all partner members through collaborative promotion, marketing and capacity building efforts. The Partnership also serves as the Administrator for the Regional Development Authority to allocating regional cities initiative funding to the 26 quality of life projects.
The Partnership focuses on aligning the efforts of various stakeholders and encouraging communities across the region to work together to achieve what cannot be done individually.
The following five pillars are the underlying principles for a comprehensive regional development plan.
- Educating a world-class WORKFORCE.
- Recruiting and retaining great TALENT.
- Attracting and growing new economy companies in complement to our remarkably strong manufacturing INDUSTRIES.
- Promoting INCLUSION and sparking opportunities for minorities.
- Helping ENTREPRENEURS thrive.