Indianapolis, Ind. (Dec. 17, 2019) – Elevate Ventures today announced the graduates of the first Elevate Origins cohort, a pre-accelerator created under the university-affiliated Nexus program. Of 62 companies accepted to participate, the cohort concluded with 26 startups pitching newly created or refined pitch decks.
“The first cohort exceeded expectations. We had a goal of 25 applications and ended with 75,” said Jacob Schpok, executive director for Elevate Nexus. “Applications ranged from students with ideas to established businesses that had raised millions of dollars in funding. Origins is truly for any stage of a startup.”
Each Origins graduate was required to complete the capstone project. The project included finalizing an executive summary and pitch deck for their business.
Companies who completed Origins:
- Ambition in Motion; Bloomington, IN
- Amplified Sciecens; West Lafayette, IN
- Carter Anderson; Muncie, IN
- CashMD.com; Bloomington, IN
- ContextCue; Indianapolis, IN
- Crown to CEO; Muncie, IN
- DeLury Enterprise; Syracuse, IN
- Eco-Tek Indiana; Rossville, IN
- Enriched App; New Albany, IN
- FlexePark; Indianapolis, IN
- Flotta Fuel; Indianapolis, IN
- Fytter.Me; Mishawaka, IN
- Gen3Bio, Inc.; West Lafayette, IN
- HOKO Holistic; Indianapolis, IN
- Hoosier BioHemp Solution; Chesterfield, IN
- Hunger Curbed; Bloomington, IN
- Neurava; West Lafayette, IN
- Neuro Vigor; West Lafayette, IN
- Palm Energy; Indianapolis, IN
- PERFIT; Avon, IN
- ProstheTech; South Bend, IN
- Red Flare Security; West Lafayette, IN
- Semiring Inc.; Bloomington, IN
- Solar Swami; West Lafayette, IN
- Teichos Laboratories; West Lafayette, IN
- Vaccine Global, Inc.; Hammond, IN
Elevate Origins was created to prepare aspiring entrepreneurs within higher-education institutions and the communities they serve to launch Indiana startups. The online training series teaches entrepreneurs how to evaluate their business ideas and ultimately develop an investor-ready business model, pitch deck, and executive summary. The training are facilitated by gener8tor, a nationally-ranked accelerator.
Applications for the next cohort are now open and close on Jan. 1, interested in participating? Please register here.
About Elevate Ventures
Elevate Ventures is a private venture development organization that nurtures and develops emerging and existing high-growth businesses into high-performing, Indiana-based companies. Elevate Ventures accomplishes this by providing access to capital, rigorous business analysis and robust advisory services that connect companies with the right mix of resources businesses need to succeed long term.